Delicious Cauliflower and Tofu Pizza
School breaks are always a good time to try out something new to cook. I came across an interesting-looking cauliflower crust pizza recipe and just had to give it a go. I went on a shopping adventure with my daughter (that in itself is a whole new story 😉 ) and managed to get all the ingredients. Exhausted but happy, we made it home just in time to start cooking. I unpacked all the ingredients and realised that be bought the wrong type of tofu! I didn’t even know that there were different types of tofu! Thankfully, my friend was joining us for dinner so she brought THE RIGHT type of tofu along. She saved the day.
I began cooking and had such a great time chatting with my friend and playing with my daughter that I completely forgot to check the proportions of the ingredients listed. However, as a result I created an original recipe, that got the seal of approval in my household 🙂 And THAT is not an easy task. Yay!
Cauliflower And Tofu Pizza
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1tbsp of dried oregano (optional)
1. Boil water in a medium pot. lace the cauliflower florets in a food processor or pulse in a blender until rice-like in texture.
2. Add the grated cauliflower to boiling water and cook covered for 4-5 minutes until tender.
Drain the cauliflower through a muslin or a thin table cloth. Wrap tightly into a ball-shape twist well to squeeze out any excess water.
4. Tip the cauliflower in a bowl and add the silken tofu, cornflower, salt and oregano.
5. Mix until combined well and mo longer sticking to your hands. Add more cornflower if necessary.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the dough over the tray and brush lightly with olive oil. (alternatively use oil spray)
Serves: 2 people
Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Baking time: 25- 35 mins
I’m a working mum, a chocolate lover and a stubborn wife who is finding ways to live a more fulfilling life.