Fourless Banana, Peanutbutter and Blueberry Pancakes
I always look forward to Sunday mornings. This is often the only time in a week when we sit to eat breakfast together as a family instead of me grabbing a bite in between getting ready for work and trying to convince my daughter that she cannot go to school in her pyjamas.
Making breakfast on a Sunday morning has truly become my husband’s THING. His newfound interest in healthy cooking is really exciting and he now regularly searches for new recipes to try out.
With his new resolution to eat healthy came an obsession to avoid complex carbs and refined grains whenever he can. So I was thrilled and surprised when he announced that he was going to make pancakes. I was thrilled because I love pancake but surprised as in my mind flour was a necessary ingredient for pancakes and that went against his resolution.
My husband has recently come across a flour-free banana pancake recipe which he then modified and created a delicious breakfast that even my daughter, the fussiest eater I know, enjoys.
The mouth-watering banana pancakes are not only nutritious but very easy to make and they are a great way to kick start your morning.
Flourless Banana, Peanutbutter and Blueberry Pancakes RECIPE
BANANA AND BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
What you need
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp peanut butter (smooth and unsweetened)
- 1 tsp honey (generic)
- handful of blueberries
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl until they are smooth and fluidy.
2. Add the peanut butter and honey. Mix well until all ingredients are fully combined.
3. Add the eggs and mix vigorously with the batter.
4. Melt unsalted butter in a frying pan. Pour a spoonful of mixture on to the pan and top with blueberries.
5. Fry on medium heat on one side until golden then flip carefully as the blueberries are loose and may fall off. Continue frying for 2-3 minute or until golden-brown.
6. Serve on their own or with fruit on the side.
I love these pancakes and I hope you fall in love with them too 🙂 and you can top them up with your favourite toppings just like the regular pancakes.
For more healthy recipes visit my free Facebook group ROAR! Healthy Motivation
I’m a working mum, a chocolate lover and a stubborn wife who is finding ways to live a more fulfilling life.